Det danske styrkeløftforbundet har en ledig stilling som «sport manager/national coach»
Sports Manager sought by the Danish Powerlifting Federation
Are you able to lead the national powerlifting team in Denmark and create a strong culture along with great results? Do you possess good relational and communicative skills which you constructively use to solve various challenges? Do you wish to take part in the implementation of a strong connection between the national team and all levels of our organization?
Then keep on reading……
The main focus of the Danish Powerlifting Federation (DSF) is to create the best conditions for the sport to evolve even further in Denmark. At this point we are about 6500 members across the country and have seen a growing trend. As part of the further expansion of the sport we want to establish even better terms for the sporting development. In this process we are hiring a Sports Manager, who will be in charge of the strategic development of the elite setup as well as securing a continuous flow of knowledge across the organization.
You will become a central part of DSF with management responsibilities regarding key personnel surrounding the national team. At the same time you will be securing the sporting development of primarily the national team but also in part the entire organization.
You will also become a part of a sport that has a large number of volunteers who are passionate about creating results and taking part in all aspects of the sport. Finally, you will occasionally be working alongside our development consultant in securing a continuous development of the sport.
The Danish Powerlifting Federation values trust, decency and clear communication highly and we traditionally have a positive and informal atmosphere founded in an appreciative outlook.
Your assignments will be to:
• Create, develop and operationalize our elite-strategy in collaboration with relevant committees and the board.
• Manage and be a sounding board for the trainers and volunteers tied to the various national teams.
• Evolve the structure surrounding the elite and our national teams, including recruitment of trainers for the national teams.
• Implement processes and procedures which secures an optimal use of the resources allocated towards the elite.
• Function as a coach and sparring partner for athletes included in the national team.
• Participate as coach at international events.
We have high expectations towards you and imagine that you:
• Are an experienced coach and have a holistic view when it comes to working with athletes.
• Are outgoing and able to handle yourself in various arenas.
• Are a positive team-player, who is able to work across the organization along with both employees and voluntaries.
• Have an international outlook and the abilities to analyze and implement appropriate measures within the organization.
• Possess a relevant professional background and preferably a background within the powerlifting community.
• Have leadership experience (preferably) from the world of sports.
Also, a high degree of flexibility is to be expected since a lot of the work will take place in the evening and during weekends. Finally, it will be beneficiary if you have your own car in order to get to the various meetings and events across the country.
Further information regarding the position can be obtained from President Klaus Brostroem, phone: +45 27 24 50 02 or email: email@example.com
Salary- and employment conditions
If we find the right candidate, it could be a fulltime job. However, a part time position is also possible depending upon qualifications. Salary will be based on qualifications and number of hours. It is our hope that the position is filled by 1/3-2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Application deadline will be Sunday the 31. of January 2021.
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews are expected to be conducted in the middle of February 2021. If you are invited to a job interview, references will be collected to the extent it is deemed necessary.
The Danish Powerlifting Federation wants to promote equality and diversity. We therefor encourage all qualified people – regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual preferences, handicap, religion or age – to apply for the position. Powerlifting is for everybody and this is also reflected in our recruitment process.